- Represents the Institute before other governing bodies of the University and before the outside world;
- Ensures the smooth operation of the Institute in all its teaching, research and interaction with society activities;
- Ensures compliance with the resolutions taken by the collegiate bodies of the Institute, when binding;
- Manages the services of the Institute and approves the necessary regulations;
- Exercises the disciplinary authority established by the Statutes or delegated by the Rector;
- Prepares the budget and action plan, as well as the activity report and accounts;
- Performs the functions delegated by the Rector;
- Performs other duties established by law and in the Statutes of the University and of the Institute.
The President may delegate part of its powers to the Vice-Presidents.
Isabel Cristina Costa Alves Ermida